Thursday, July 31, 2008

To a Soul in Need

Oh, I am so glad you came to me for help!!



I'm feeling that you are a little lost and confused right now. THAT"S OK. You're reaching out and that's what matters. But I'm afraid you might not be ready for some of the hard truths I'm going to tell you. So prepare yourself.



My sister has had back pain and stomach issues for some time. She has seen doctors about it and the pains go away, and return. sometimes they go away for years sometimes weeks. Recently see went to what she refers to as "her voodoo doctor". This guy tells her not to drink milk or any single dairy product (she is not lactose intolerant and has no allergy to milk), so her back pain has not returned for a few months (like all those times before when it didnt return). She assigns the relief to the voodoo doctor.



Aren't we being a wee bit condescending, refering to this person as voodoo ( and the proper term dear, is vodun). Can you say with any certainty that this person has not helped your sister? Let it go dear, and be happy for her.



My wife think homeopathic means good. Despite the fact that there is literally no ingredients in the homeopathic remedy. We arent talking about natural rememdies, such as aspirin or aloe. We are talking about things that are so heavily diluted that there is literally nothing in there.



All right, let's take a look at this. I'll grant you that the overall efficacy of homeopathic treatments are not as encouraging as some of the more traditional remedies. However, practitioners will tell you that it is also a more time consuming process and requires great patience to find the proper remedy. Those looking for a quick fix are bound to be displeased. Does this mean we should just chuck it out the window??? Please, if a problem is plaguing us, should we not give every possible solution a chance



Most of the poeple around me beleive in some form of a being that is all knowing, all powerful, and all good (or any partial combination of those). For them to be right there has to be some creature that is capable of manipulating every single electron in the universe, they have to be able to read every single mind and/or has to always be looking out for all of us. Despite the fact that this creature has never been detected directly, or even indirectly. They claim this thing exists despite and feel that it is not their onus to prove it.



First of all, if 90% of the population believe in something (and I think that may be a conservative estimate), who are you to tell them they are wrong. Why don't you just admit that they may be right and try to belive what they do. I couldn't hurt, could it. After all, you must admit that Pascal had the right idea.


My final piece of advice today. Open you mind and your heart to the wonder of the world around you. There's much more than meets the eye. Let your skepticism go and embrace the now!

Now, I do wish I had more time to address your other issues, but I must really go and re-align my chakras.


[/snark]

2 comments:

Berlzebub said...

Princess, you forgot to give the closing that I suggested. ;-)

Midnight_RN said...

Thanks for fixing it sweetie.
Give me time, I'll learn XOXOX