Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Your Humble Christian Consultant

Okay, a little history about me. Imagine if you will, a young, naive Catholic girl falling head over heels in love with a Pentecostal raised boy. They do the usual pre-canna teaching as required by her church, get married in that church (as she wanted) and go on to live a, for the most part, very happy life together. They have wonderful discussions about hopes, dreams, life, beliefs. And then on day, several years later, her DH (darling husband) tells her that after much soul searching, he no longer believes in God.
This had caused our youngish, not quite so innocent woman (me) to do her own soul searching. After some time, I realized that I can't in good faith call myself Catholic. It's the way I was raised, but there's too much church doctrine that I don't believe is right. This is why my part of the post labels me a Christian.. Because for now, I believe in Christ and his teachings. I say for now because I am in a constant state of self-exploration and discovery. For me, God is...it's as simple as that, it's what I feel. And this, I believe, is a large part of the differnece between those who believe and those who don't. Logic vs. feeling.
Anyway, fast forward to a few months ago when I jokingly say to DH that any advise he gives could be a he said/she said. Well, I thought he forgot about it. Then about a week ago he brought it up again and wanted to know if I was in. So here I am, willing to give anyone who wants it, my opinion. And that's all it is...what I think and feel. And please be patient with me, I am nowhere near as blog savvy as my other half:)

No comments: